Friday, October 23, 2009

The Lights Are On...


In my previous post, I mentioned G's Super Fuzzy Hood. This hood carries some significance. You see, this is the fabulous Abercrombie coat Fashion Momma purchased on Ebay, brand new, for half price. It has fleece lining, and a wonderful edging of faux fur around the hood. It's stinkin' cute. In fact, one of my good friends has already laid claim to it as a hand-me-down for her daughter when mine outgrows it. The reason my daughter loves it so much is this faux fur.

My daughter has very good friend, N., who has decided she will be his wife. Not up for discussion. It's written in their futures. For now, she's accepted this idea, or at least the idea that he's a great friend...

Because N's momma is such a good friend, she watches my girl on a fairly regular basis while I'm out in the world, pretending to work and go to school. On one such occasion, I was in the process of picking up my girl from their house, when The Boy launched into one of his stories. Now, I love The Boy. Next to my girl, he's my favorite small person. But I believe even his beloved momma would tell you that the boy can work a story. We're talking side notes and vivid descriptions, prefaces, prologues, epilogues, you name it. They tend to go on. And on.

So the boy was blissfully narrating, and my girl, bless her heart, looked like she was listening with all her heart. She was nodding, and saying 'uh huh' and 'oh?' in all the right places. Suddenly, she throws on her hoodie, which is fleece lined, turns to The Boy and says, "Hm. I have a fuzzy hood!" That's right folks, the lights were on, but she was not home. She wasn't even in the neighborhood. She was in another country, but all that time she'd been giving the impression that she was engrossed with the fascinating tale The Boy was weaving. Oh yes, she's ready to be a wife, without doubt. She has learned that vital skill of 'listening' to her man's ramblings.

As a result, the two households now have a running joke. If parents are having a conversation, and one wants to check out, they just say, 'Hm. I have a fuzzy hood,' and walk away. End of story. So, that is why the coat is fabulous. It has a Super Fuzzy Hood.
P.S. Thanks Tammy for the fab pic!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Who's your photographer?! That picture is amazing! :o)

    ReplyDelete